ARE YOU LIVING YOURBEST LIFE ?
- Do you wake up feeling inspired and motivated to greet your day?
- Are you happy and healthy?
- Do you think you are living up to your full potential?
- Are you passionate about your work?
- Do you feel you are making a positive contribution to this world?
Unfortunately, most of us get stuck in a rut: We wake up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, wake up, go to work etc. We are like machines, robots. We feel trapped in this self made prison that is our life.
We work really hard, not because we want to but because we feel we have to in order to support our family or afford all the material things we want. But, the irony is, we never really get quality time to spend with this family we are working so hard to support and when we do, we are exhausted, irritable and not much fun to be around.
The strange thing about accumulating material things is that the more we have, the more we want and nothing seems enough. We think that that nice car or fancy house is going to solve our problems, make us happy, yet it doesn’t.
So what is the solution?
The solution is to live your best life! Take control back in your life. Focus on what is really important and what you need to do to get there.
- Get a very clear picture of what living your best life would look like for you.
- Write it down in a letter as if you were protected into the future and were already living that life. Start your letter by saying: “I am so happy and grateful now that….”
- Read that everyday. Feel as though this was true. Feel the happiness, passion, sense of achievement.
- Now ask yourself: “WHO do I need to be in order to live this life?” Some examples may be that you need to be loving, positive, confident, educated/ knowledgeable, reliable, passionate etc.
- Then ask yourself: What do I need to do to be that?
- Work out a plan. Make it practical and start living your best life!
This sounds simple because it is. However, simple does not necessarily make it easy. We have many limiting beliefs and reasons why not that get in our way. This is where coaching can be extremely useful.
The coach is there 100% behind you, believing in your greatness. Yet they can see the limiting beliefs and self inflicted obstacles you place in your way. You are too close to yourself to see these. It is like seeing your back. It is hard for you to do unless someone holds up a mirror. The coach is able to see all around you and show you the parts of you that you can’t see that may be holding you back.